Today, we will discuss the steps to update the Kodi Setup Add-on and how you can reset it from the Android TV. If you have not performed any update on Add-on yet, then do read the steps carefully.
- Launch Kodi and scroll-down to ‘Add-ons’.
- Click on the ‘Install package’ button given on the upper left hand.
- Go to ‘My Add-ons’.
- Click on ‘Video’ followed by selected ‘Add-on’.
- Tap ‘Update’.
- If an update is available, the click on ‘Up to date version’.
- Wait for the add-on to appear.
The Kodi if not working or fetching the updates, then update the Kodi firmware itself. By doing so, you ensure that the best quality of the program has been used on the device. The current version of the firmware can be checked online from the Kodi website or from the ‘Settings’ menu using the device remotely.
Now the steps to reset Kodi on Android TV box are,
The reset steps for your Kodi installed on Android TV are helpful if you are facing a problem in using the Kodi on it. We recommend you to install the new Kodi setup before deleting the previous file from the device and the reset process must be initiated on a routine basis.
Note: When you reset the Kodi Live Tv Setup, all the data stored in it will be erased that includes add ons, Skins and settings. For details related to storing or taking the backup of data, you can watch videos available on YouTube.
- Close the Kodi if already opened.
- From the home screen, click on ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ and find ‘More settings’.
- Go to ‘Device’ followed by ‘Apps’.
- You will find a list of apps installed. From there, select ‘Kodi’.
- All the data installed within the Kodi app will be displayed on the screen. Click on ‘Clear data’. The process of deleting may take some time. You need to be patient. This will also free up the computer space.
Note: Once you have cleared the data, all the add-ons, files and account database will be deleted. All the settings will revert to the original settings after reset.
- When you perform this action, you will be prompted for the same. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm. When you press ‘Ok’, all the data will be deleted. The data size is now zero.
- Press the‘ Escape’ button to go to the home screen.
- Open the Kodi app now and check if everything is erased or not.
- The app will appear as you have installed for the first time. You need to enter some details to get started.
- Confirm that Kodi has been reset to factory settings.
This is how you can reset the Kodi on Android TV. We hope you have understood the simple steps and will definitely try at your end.